In 1915, the Chautauqua Committee, composed of six local women, applied $300 of the $700 needed towards the construction of the bandstand in Whitehall. It is described in the April 1, 1915, Whitehall Times newspaper article.
In 1955, the pagoda roof was so deteriorated that it was removed and replaced with a flat roof. In the 1980s, roof was replaced once more.
In 2018, plans have been made and presented to the city to renovate the existing structure and restore the bandstand to its original style including the pagoda roof.
Currently the centrally located bandstand is the site of some community events. In 2015, there was a 100 year celebration and after that, more events were encouraged to be held there. A Burgers & Brats fundraiser is held by the Lions Club on Fridays during the summer. The 1914 depot is located directly across from the bandstand and was historically restored a few years ago.