River Hill Bandstand
The River Hill Bandstand was built in 1938, courtesy of a grant from the Works Progress Administration to improve the park. The grant amount was $12,355 and used for grading and seeding, fireplaces, bathhouses, and the bandstand.
Originally, the park was named South Side. In 1980 the Village held a contest to rename it, thus River Hill Park was born.
On June 19, 2018, there was a dedication to Larry Ammel, longtime band director of the Kewaskum High School band, of a memorial stone. Mr. Ammel was very active in the community and served on Kewaskum Village board, Kiwanis Club, American Red Cross, Big Band, Kettle Moraine Symphony , and the Kewaskum Area Arts Council. He also for over 30 years served as Choir Director at Peace United Church of Christ and was instrumental in the formation of "Ecumen", a local men's choir composed of men from multiple communities and denominations.
At this same time, Colin DeYoung was recognized for painting the bandstand as part of his 2017 Eagle Scout project.
Currently, there are no concerts held in the bandstand. They are held at a larger park shelter nearby in the park and the Kewaskum Area Arts Council organizes these concerts. However, the bandstand is available for rental though the Village; a common use is for wedding photography.