Edgar P. Theissen Memorial Pavilion
This large eight-sided stand with a concrete base was the original home of the Kiel Municipal Band, a mainstay in the community since 1939. It is named after its second director Dr. Edgar P. Thiessen. The Band played regularly until 1989 when it moved most of its performances to the new bandshell in 1989 in City Park. The Band left for a more acoustically pleasing space and one without the mosquitos which annoyed not only the Band but the audience. Occasionally, the Band plays concerts at this location.